Examinations Key Dates
How to access Assessment Results online:
To access assessment results on the MyNCAD student portal, you will be required to enter your username and password.
- Your username is your NCAD Student ID number, this is on your NCAD Student ID card and appears on all correspondence from NCAD.
- Your password is what you use to access the NCAD wireless (wifi) network
- Your results will be available to view on the ‘results’ tab on the left hand side of MyNCAD.
- If you are still having trouble accessing your current set of results, try using the drop down menu on the left hand side here.
If you are having trouble accessing your results on MyNCAD please contact email@example.com. If you need to reset your password for MyNCAD, please email ITSupport@staff.ncad.ie. Please note NCAD does not provide results over the phone.
Lodging an appeal:
The closing date for lodging appeals arising out of all results be 14 days from the publication of the results online outlined above. Late submissions will not be considered.
Students who wish to appeal their results should take the following steps:
1. Read the NCAD Assessment Appeals Policy and Procedures.
2. Meet with your Head of School or Head of Department to discuss your reason for considering an appeal. If you would like to meet with the Head of Academic Affairs to discuss the issue please make an appointmnet through firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to the SS&A Student Information Desk near the student concourse to make an appointment.
3. If you decide you wish to proceed with an appeal you should complete the Assessment Appeals Application Form and submit to the Head of Academic Affairs by the date indicated.
Resit and Repeat Fee Payment
Students who have not submitted all assignments or who have failed a module(s) will be notified by email to their College email address of the procedures to resubmit/repeat.
Resit Fee: €100 per module resit
Repeat Fee: €550 per module repeat / €6,600 per full year repeat
Payments should be made through the student portal MyNCAD. Please click on the Finance tab and follow directions on how to make a payment.
Outstanding Fees/ Levies / Fines: All students have access online to exam results - but in the event that a students has course or library fees outstanding, NCAD reserves the right to withhold results. Please note that final award students will not be allowed to graduate and will not receive their degree parchment until all fees, levies and library fines are fully paid.
Time Out Deadline
Deadline for approval of Time Out requests in Trimester One: 31st October.
Deadline for approval of Time Out requests in Trimester Two: 28th February.
If you wish to apply for Time Out, please ensure your request has been submitted to Academic Affairs for review prior to this date to allow for time to review.
You should return a completed time out form to Academic Registry in advance of your requested period of Time Out. Please ensure that the School have also completed and signed Section C, before submitting the form to Academic Registry.
Taking a leave of absence may have implications for fees and grants. If you are in receipt of a grant you are obliged to let your grant authority know of your change of status.
Final award students - A hard copy of your academic transcript will be sent to you two weeks after your results have been published on MyNCAD.
Continuing students - Hard copies of transcripts for non-award years are available upon request from email@example.com.