The Creative Arts Summer School ran for one week in June 2018 and NCAD offered workshops to 60 students in Media, Fashion, Portfolio Preparation and Interaction Design. It is scheduled to run again in June 2019. Watch our short video below:
Access & Opportunity
PATH Creative Arts Summer School
Access and Opportunity
Do you want to explore your creative interests and meet other like-minded people?
Do you want to pursue a career in the creative industries in Ireland?
Do you want to try out different artforms in colleges in Dublin in an exploratory and fun way?
The very first FREE Creative Arts Summer School will take place in Dublin from Monday 25 – Friday 29 June 2018. This exciting new project, funded by the Department of Education and Skills Progression for Access to Higher Education (PATH) fund is a collaboration between the National College of Art and Design, Trinity College Dublin, Marino Institute of Education, University College Dublin and the Institute of Art, Design and Technology.
Successful applicants will spend one day in each college and transport will be provided from NCAD to UCD, IADT and Marino Institute of Education for those who need it.
- One Week Monday 25 – Friday 29 June 2018.
- Five colleges.
- Ten creative arts workshops that include: Art, Design, Fashion, Animation, Dance, TV & Broadcasting, Portfolio Preparation, 3D Design, Writing & Illustration and Performance.
- Information on admissions, entry and portfolio requirements, grants, course options, student supports, creative arts career guidance.
- Free lunch and all materials provided.
Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following ACCESS criteria:
- Individuals who have completed FETAC & PLC courses
- Individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds or a community from where there is a low progression to further or higher education
- Members of the Traveller community
- People with disabilities
- Mature and first to college
- Lone parents
- Students who attend DEIS band schools
For schedule please click here
For application please click here
For FAQs please click here
For Data Protection information please click here
Places are limited and candidates must meet the eligibility criteria described above.
Closing date for applications: 8 June 2018.