Student Assistance Fund
NCAD operates both a Student Assistance and Childcare Support Fund. Information and application forms forms for the Student Assistance Fund can be downloaded here. For information on the Childcare Support Fund please contact the Access Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org early in Semester 1.
Third Level Access is co-funded by the Department of Education and Skills and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020
Student Assistance Fund
**DEADLINE FOR SEMESTER 1 – FRIDAY 25 OCTOBER 2019**
**DEADLINE FOR SEMESTER 2 – FRIDAY 21st FEBRUARY 2020**
NCAD operates both a Student Assistance Fund and a Childcare Support Fund.
The Student Assistance Fund is available to all full-time and part-time registered
students on accredited courses of study, who are experiencing particular or
unexpected hardship during the academic year.
Expenses covered by the Student Assistance Fund
- You can pick one category for support only:
- Books and Materials
- Utilities – heating/lighting
- Costs associated with family breakdown/bereavement
Once you have completed the Online Form
- You must then drop in receipts to support the expense that you are seeking assistance for. For example - Rent €300 – drop in a copy of your rent book/lease agreement or other evidence of the amount that you have spent.
- You must also submit a copy of your income ie: SUSI letter/ BTEA or other proof of income as identified on the online form. Supporting documentation should be left to Reception in a clearly marked envelope with your Student Number and Name on the outside of the envelope.
How to Apply for the Student Assistance Fund:
Complete the online Application Form:
**DEADLINE FOR SEMESTER 2 extended– FRIDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2020**
Childcare Support Fund
The Childcare Support Fund may provide assistance towards the cost of registered childcare costs for children of full-time students at the NCAD, whose ability to participate in education may be adversely affected by the costs of childcare. Please email email@example.com for Guidelines and information on this fund.
The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is the only free, confidential, independent and non-judgemental service for people in debt, or in danger of getting into debt, in Ireland.
Their helpline 0761 07 2000 operates Monday to Friday from 9am - 8pm. MABS is funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board.