Submitting Your Portfolio
Applied to First Year NCAD? Portfolio finished? Now you just need to submit your portfolio by the February deadline. Not all courses have the February deadline.
The Portoflio Submission Platform is now closed for most courses
We will still accept portfolio submissions for the following courses but we will contact you about this after you add these to your CAO application.
- AD212 Product Design
- AD222 Interaction Design
How Do I Submit my Portfolio?
Step 1 - Make your application
- You must make an application to NCAD before you can make a portfolio submission.
- For Irish, UK, EU, EFTA applicants you make your application online via the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- If you are applying from outside of these countries you must make your application directly to NCAD via our website here.
Step 2 - Register on the Portfolio Submission Platform
When registering for the Platform you will be asked to provide
- your name
- your email address (use the same email address you used when making your application)
- your phone number
Step 3 - Upload Your Portfolio Material to the Portfolio Submission Platform
- The Platform will provide you with detailed instructions along the way.
- You can save your progress and log out as many times as you like.
- You must make a Portfolio Submission for each course you have applied for.
- You will be asked to provide your application reference number.
- If you have applied through CAO make sure to add your CAO number here.
- If you are an International Student and have applied via NCAD's website then you can include your application reference number included in your confirmation email.
Video Guide on how to submit a Portfolio
What Happens Next?
- NCAD will notify you via email of the result of your portfolio review by email.
- Offers are made in August through the CAO. All applicants are placed on a ranked list based on portfolio score. Offers are made in descending order from this list to applicants who have met the minimum academic entry requirements.
- NCAD can only accept submissions that have been uploaded online through the NCAD Portfolio Submission Platform.
Please feel free to contact us at the NCAD Admissions Office if you would like more information on the portfolio submission process, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Course||Application Deadline||Portfolio Submission Deadline|
|AD101 Common Entry||1st February||10th February|
|AD102 Graphic Design/Moving Image Design||1st February||10th Febuary|
|AD202 Education & Fine Art/Design||1st February||10th February|
|AD204 Fine Art||1st February||10th February|
|AD211 Fashion Design||1st February||10th February|
|AD217 Illustration||1st February||10th February|
|These courses are no longer restricted. You can add them if CAO is open. NCAD will contact you after you apply to arrange portfolio submission.|
|AD212 Product Design||1st July||1st July|
|AD222 Interaction Design||1st July||1st July|
Link to Portfolio Submission Platform
Click here to visit the Portfolio submission platform