30+ NCAD staff and alumni nominated in the IDI 2020 Design Awards
We are delighted to announce that NCAD staff have picked up an unprecedented 14 nominations - as well as 16 nominations for NCAD alumni - in the IDI 2020 design awards.
'This is a glowing endorsement of the quality of our design education and research, and the professional standing of our staff team. NCAD staff collected 10% of the nominations, not to mention the numerous nominations for our alumni!', Alex Milton, Head of the School of Design and Professor of Design at NCAD.
Nominated NCAD Staff Projects:
- Caoimhe McMahon and Brian Gough in the Design Education & Research award for the new MA Service Design
- Enda O’Dowd in Design Education & Research award for the MSc Medical Device Design collaboration with the RCSI
- Jamie Murphy twice in Visual Communications: Printed Book Design for 1753 his book on homelessness and Darklight his collaboration with Dorothy Cross and John FitzGerald
- Natalie B Coleman in the Fashion & Textiles: Clothing award for her Sisters Collection
- Orla Langan in the Fashion & Textiles: Clothing award and the Sustainable Design award for her recent fashion collection
- Bob Gray in the Design for Print award for the NCAD Prospectus 2019/20, the Visual Brand Identity Refresh award for the International Literature Festival Dublin and the Design for Print award for Drinks Ireland
- Noelle Cooper and Bobby Tannam in the New Branding Schemes award for the Galway 2020 — European Capital of Culture. Noelle Cooper was also shortlisted in the Brand Identity Refresh award for Open House Dublin
- Kate Brangan in the Illustration Commercial award for Troy: myth and reality
- Alan Dunne in Visual Communications: Illustration Commercial for his Christmas Stamps 2019 for An Post
Find out more about NCAD staff and alumni at the IDI Awards 2020: http://www.idiawards.ie/idi-awards-2020-shortlist/
Find out more about studying at NCAD: https://www.ncad.ie/study-at-ncad