Download the Spring 2021 CASS Brochure Here
Virtual Creative Arts Spring School
This year the Virtual Creative Arts Spring School will place from Saturday 27th February - Saturday 27th March 2021
IT'S FREE - All Materials Provided - See below for creative workshop information and the online application form
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th February 2021
Apply Now! please click here
PATH Creative Arts Summer School
Access and Opportunity
Do you want to explore your creative interests and meet other like-minded people?
Do you want to pursue a career in the creative industries in Ireland?
Do you want to try out different artforms in colleges in Dublin in an exploratory and fun way?
The third Creative Arts Spring School will take place virtually for five weekends from Saturday 27th February to Saturday 27th March 2021. This exciting project, funded by the Department of Education and Skills Programme for Access to Higher Education (PATH) fund is a collaboration between the National College of Art and Design, Trinity College Dublin, Marino Institute of Education, University College Dublin, the Institute of Art, Design and Technology and the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
Successful applicants will virtually spend one day in each college and will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Twelve creative arts workshops including:
- ‘process at play’ will introduce students to the creative process involved in the preparation and production of a portfolio of work, for applying to 3rd level visual arts courses
- Design Works! will introduce you to what designers actually do and explain the variety of design courses that can be studied
- Exploring light and shape through Movement and Dance
- Exploring light and shape through Visual Arts
- Classics: The ancient world today
- Creative Writing Workshop with the Museum of Literature Ireland: Wild, Wild Words!
- Introduction to Animation: Participants in this workshop will gain an insight into what it takes to become an animation production artist
- Art and Design: This workshop will introduce participants to the techniques used in art and design to develop and make new work
- Film Writing Workshop
- English Literature & Illustration Workshop
- Can you build an eye from scratch? How do surgeons practice? Can you build an eye from scratch? How do we make fake bodies feel real?
- Creativity in Medicine.
- Information on admissions, entry and portfolio requirements, grants, course options, student supports, creative arts career guidance.
- A materials pack will be sent to all participants
- A zoom link for each workshop will be issued in advance of each workshop.
Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following ACCESS criteria:
- From an underrepresented socio-economic group (See: http://accesscollege.ie/hear/making-an-application/eligibility-indicators/socio-economic-group/)
- A mature applicant (first to college)
- A person with a disability or significant ongoing illness
- A lone parent in receipt of a means tested social welfare payment
- An Irish Traveller
- A QQI-FET/Fetac full award holder (Level 5/6/7)
- A member of an ethnic minority
- Refugees, those with leave to remain/asylum seekers
- Students who have successfully completed an access programme
Places are limited and candidates must meet the eligibility criteria described above.
|Apply Now||please click here|
|Download The Spring 2021 Brochure||please click here|
|For FAQs||please click here|
|For Data Protection information||please click here|
|Closing date for applications:||19 February 2021|