Creative Arts Summer School (CASS)
Do you want to explore your creative interests and meet other like-minded people? Do you want to pursue a career in the creative industries in Ireland? Do you want to try out different artforms in colleges in Dublin and Cork in an exploratory and fun way?
Creative Arts Summer School June 2022
This year’s Creative Arts Summer School will place over 13 – 24 June. There are three elements to the Creative Arts Summer School.
CASS Dublin: On campus workshops 13, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23 June.
CASS Cork: On campus workshops 16th June
Virtual CASS: 17th and 24th June 2022
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Closing date: Thursday 2nd June 2022
Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following ACCESS criteria:
- From an underrepresented socio-economic group (See: http://accesscollege.ie/hear/making-an-application/eligibility-indicators/socio-economic-group/)
- A mature applicant (first to college)
- A person with a disability or significant ongoing illness
- A lone parent in receipt of a means tested social welfare payment
- An Irish Traveller
- A QQI-FET/Fetac full award holder (Level 5/6/7)
- A member of an ethnic minority
- Refugees, those with leave to remain/asylum seekers
- Students who have successfully completed an access programme
Places are limited and candidates must meet the eligibility criteria described above.
Download the CASS 2022 Brochure
For Data Protection information
Closing date for applications:
2nd June 2022
PATH Creative Arts Summer School
Access and Opportunity
Do you want to explore your creative interests and meet other like-minded people?
- Do you want to pursue a career in the creative industries in Ireland?
- Do you want to try out different artforms in colleges in Dublin and Cork in an exploratory and fun way?
Successful applicants to CASS Dublin and CASS Cork will spend one day in each college and will have the opportunity to participate in an exciting programme of workshops that include:
- ‘process at play’ will introduce students to the creative process involved in the preparation and production of a portfolio of work, for applying to 3rd level visual arts courses
- Design Works! will introduce you to what designers actually do and explain the variety of design courses that can be studied
- Found Poetry & Collage
- Introduction to Painting
- Poetic Language with the Oscar Wilde Centre for Creative Writing
- Creative Arts at the Douglas Hyde Gallery
- The Voice at The Lir Academy
- Film Making with the School of Creative Arts
- Introduction to Printmaking
- Sculpture Elements
- Introduction to Music
- Drawing the Figure
- Drawing for Animation
- 3D and Production Design
- Colouring the Brain
- Making an eye from scratch
- Getting under your skin – using dye to stain skin samples in a lab.
- Trouble with Colour
- Exploring the environment through drama
- Colouring Sound
- The Art of Movement
- Classics: The ancient world today
- Creative Writing
- Tapestry Weaving with UCD Science Artist in Residence Lorna Donlon
- Scale, Body, Space
- Virtual CASS Programme Friday 17th and 24th
- Creative Futures Academy Seminar Friday 24th
- Information on admissions, entry and portfolio requirements, grants, course options, student supports, creative arts career guidance and presentations from current access students.